- MPR, Membership
- St. Paul, MN, USA
- $18.85 - $28-32
- Temporary Part Time
The Pitch Producer II is an integral part of on-air fundraising efforts during Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) member drives. This role is responsible for building content-responsive pitch breaks from scripting, communicating with hosts and show producers, and ensuring the quality of on-air fundraising. The Pitch Producer II is responsible for fundraising messaging, in particular, during high-impact times and peak listenership. This is a temporary or occasional part-time position (20-30 hours/week).
Application deadline: April 28, 2017
- Work with show producers and hosts to organize scripting that is compelling and responsive to content.
- Develop strong working relationships with hosts and other producers to prepare messaging tailored to their individual needs, content and style.
- Ensure quality and pacing of pitch breaks by actively listening to pitches in progress and providing feedback to hosts and show producers.
- Provide feedback to membership team of effectiveness of messaging and strategy.
- Deliver feedback and other communications on behalf of the membership team.
- Arrive on time and be punctual in duties throughout shift.
- Assist in pre-drive trainings of other Pitch Producers as needed.
- Assist membership team with drive reporting as needed.
- Curate and prepare listener testimonials during drives.
- Maintain communication with membership team for updates on scheduling, scripting and daily plans.
- Maintain an organized pitch producer working area in studios including script boxes and office supplies.
Required Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in public media or fundraising.
- Knowledge of, or experience in, on-air fundraising.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a broad range of personalities and positions.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment, and to manage own time and schedules.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to quickly-changing needs of the membership team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and internet-based software.
- Affinity for public radio/MPR programming.
- Passion for and understanding of the MPR mission, vision & values.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Radio/audio production
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands: Required to walk, sit, and stand; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch; frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions: Moderate noise level, occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.