- MPR, Business Development, Underwriting Sales - 13DD
- St. Paul, MN, USA
- $18.85 - $23.58
- Full Time
The Underwriting Project Coordinator provides primary administrative support to the Regional and National Directors of Underwriting for Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) and American Public Media (APM) National Underwriting and secondary support to other people in the department. This position works closely with the Directors of Underwriting to assure the department revenue numbers are tracked and reported in a timely manner. The position is responsible for coordinating various ongoing and periodic department activities, including fiscal planning and reporting, weekly planners and pending business and quarterly reporting on annual programs. In addition, this position supports the division's budget planning and expense administration processes.
Application deadline: April 25, 2017
- Provide daily administrative support for the Directors of Underwriting, including, correspondence, records maintenance and information management, logistical and organizational support for meetings, travel arrangements, expense processing, and project coordination.
- Provide administrative support for Regional and National Underwriting sales teams as requested.
- Create and update weekly revenue reports (Snapshots) for Regional and National Underwriting.
- Create and update Underwriting packages as needed. Coordinate meetings with other departments and executive management as directed. Prepare and send advance information. Prepare notes and summaries for distribution as requested.
- Support the division's financial processes, including budget planning and forecasting, processing, tracking and reporting expenditures.
- Work with sales partners, including National Public Media, entering orders, communicating copy needs and researching discrepancies and assisting others in the department with finance systems and software.
- Schedule department meetings and secure conference rooms.
- Coordination for various assigned projects for the division which would include these duties:
- Serve as lead coordinator of the project, under direction of appropriate manager.
- Track progress against project deliverables and plan.
- Develop and deliver key communication, including status reports.
- Manage co-coordination of the work of others as it relates to the project.
- Develop and execute the communication plan if applicable.
- Manage project deliverables in the line with the project plan.
- Report project status.
- Surface project issues for resolution as needed.
- Prepare bookings report, inventory reports, carriage lists and update rate card for national sales. Act as first-point-of-contact for guests by providing excellent customer service. Greet, assist, provide resources, and/or direct as appropriate.
- General office management duties include, but are not limited to: ordering and stocking supplies, distributing mail, and coordinating maintenance of office equipment.
- Utilize Salesforce and other tools to coordinate email marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years of administrative support experience.
- Expert Microsoft Office skills with significant experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook and ability to learn other applications as required.
- Experience with Cognos and/or other budget forecasting systems.
- Experience with coordinating and overseeing multiple budgets within a department.
- Understanding of digital broadcast opportunities.
- Must be knowledgeable and proficient in Salesforce.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a multitasking environment.
- Must be self-motivated and a self starter who can work independently and very proactively with minimal direction/supervision.
- Strong project coordination skills, including planning, communication, tracking, and reporting for multiple projects.
- Ability to support multiple people at all levels and work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments/divisions.
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with creative, energetic and demanding professionals.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with ease in an informationrich environment.
- Keep composure under pressure.
- Initiates, develops and makes decisions regarding office practices/procedures within authority level.
- Knowledge of audit trails and financial compliance practices in order to track expenses in multiple budget departments.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to a wide public.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Accounting and project management background.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is helpful.
- Knowledge of public radio is a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.