- Marketplace, On Demand - 16GA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
It's an exciting time to join Marketplace. We are an industry leader in telling meaningful and creative stories on the radio with close to 13 million listeners, and we're evolving into a multi-media enterprise centered around the ambition of raising the economic intelligence of all Americans.
The On Demand Associate Producer will both work on existing Marketplace podcasts along with helping develop new shows. We're looking for a creative producer who has excellent production chops; is a fierce booker, audio editor, and researcher; is well organized and detail-oriented; follows podcasts obsessively; and is able to thrive working in a small, collaborative team-environment, sometimes on multiple projects.
We're an ambitious shop, fueled by ambitious ideas. Good ideas are the currency of Marketplace. This is a place of creativity and unorthodox thinking. We don't take ourselves too seriously, even though we understand the critical importance of people understanding how the economy shapes the world around us.
- Help shape the sound and structure of podcasts, working with Senior Producer and production team, using a variety of tape appropriate for podcast (found sound, archival tape, field sound, interviews, music, etc).
- Participate in group edits, and use feedback to edit interviews, pieces, and episodes.
- Pitch stories to small production team.
- Research topics and fact check stories.
- Book and pre-interview guests.
- Manage host and staff schedules for bookings and team meetings.
- Field produce interviews outside of the studio, along with other show segments as required.
- Find and cut for the best interview and tape moments.
- Trains to direct show rolls (sometimes live); chooses music; maintains audio quality control; schedules studio time.
- Writes scripts and prepares stories for final mix, live broadcast, web, other platforms.
- Help coordinate special projects.
- Help direct work of interns, Production Assistants and Assistant Producers.
- Administrative work as needed, (i.e. maintaining production schedules, invoicing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of audio or radio experience.
- Experience editing digital audio.
- Experience working on a show or podcast, preferably national
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Dynamic storytelling ability.
- Ability to quickly write and edit smart, compelling content for a variety of platforms.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- High editorial and audio standards
- Production experience in digital audio or radio
- Resourcefulness and ability to problem-solve.
- Independence, positive attitude, initiative and excellent judgment.
- Field production experience, preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Interest and ability to pitch in where needed and take on new duties as assigned.
Reporting To This Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level