- MPR, Audience Development, Communications, Member & Audience Svcs 14EA
- St. Paul, MN, USA
- $21.11 - $31.68
- Full Time
This position will be responsible for supervising member services (calls, emails and tours) for Minnesota Public Radio (MPR). The Member & Audience Services team is the major point of contact for serving members and audiences. This person leads the team that focuses on managing communication designed to deepen relationships with our audiences. Within this team, the Supervisor is the principal point of contact for communications.
Application deadline: March 28, 2017
- Lead initiatives and strategies to manage and optimize customer service for members and audiences for Minnesota Public Radio (MPR).
- Hire, supervise, train, and manage direct staff through providing work direction, constructive performance coaching, mentorship, performance meetings, and on-going feedback.
- Foster a creative and productive work environment. Create development opportunities and individualized development plans for staff and training to enhance skills and foster growth.
- Coordinate team schedules.
- Investigate and solve member/audience issues, and major incidents or problems that may be more complex.
- Understand CRM system and provide training to team.
- Compile and analyze statistics and data to determine level of customer service provided.
- Develop member service policies, procedures and standards.
- Provide leadership in customer service by reading journals, researching trends, and attending seminars and conferences.
- Work closely with Director, Communications to develop and execute messaging plans to respond to members and listener issues (questions, comments).
- Manage the discount program for members including discounts to regional arts & culture venues, restaurants and retail businesses.
- Manage the fulfillment and inventory management of thank-you gifts (premiums).
- Oversee the MPR headquarters tour program.
- Maintain a useful working knowledge of company policies, procedures, government regulations and commonly accepted business ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of related work experience, preferably including experience providing work direction to others/working as a lead.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Leadership skills and ability to develop high performing teams.
- Ability to motivate, train and grow employees.
- Ability to consistently work well with others and to inspire and lead the staff.
- Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Problem solving abilities, trouble-shooting skills and ability to adapt to a variety of personalities.
- Possess a service-minded attitude.
- Well-developed collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and duties.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Enjoy organizing and working with large and varied amounts of information and projects.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience in customer service and member retention.
- Knowledge and understanding of MPR as a listener and/or member.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Audiences360 (Salesforce).
Reporting To This Position:
- 4-5 Member & Audience Services Representatives
- Lobby & Security Coordinator
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions