- MPR News, Digital - 17HA
- St. Paul, MN, USA
- Intern - Full Time
We are seeking an intern looking for a unique cross-platform digital experience. You'll need excellent photojournalism and video skills to create compelling, unique content for MPRNews.org, which has won numerous awards for its visual storytelling. The intern will shoot and edit daily and project-based stories, working both with radio reporters and independently. The position is full time for 10-12 weeks. The start date is adjustable based on school schedule.
$12.50/hour, 40 hours a week
Application deadline: March 28, 2017
- Plan and produce daily and/or weekly photo and video stories on deadline using programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Work with reporters and producers to produce and edit regular radio show-related video and photographic features.
- Work on range of assignments including spot news, portraits, features and explanatory stories.
- Generate assignment and project ideas.
- Coordinate with news staff to gather information for website. Some written material may be required.
- Process photos for news stories including cropping, resizing, color adjusting, etc.
- Find wire service photos to use for news stories.
- Follow established workflow and production routines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- College student or recent graduate in journalism, photojournalism or a liberal arts degree program.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated photojournalism both still and video -- skills. Require portfolio, clips or links to examples of your work.
- Video editing skills.
- Ability to plan and produce photo and video stories on deadline.
- Competence in Photoshop and video editing software such as Premiere Pro.
- Ability to write strong, accurate photo and video captions and descriptions.
- Reliable news judgment.
- Creative thinker, with ability to generate story ideas.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Prior journalism experience in student media or other internships.
- Understanding of social media tools.
- Comfort with web publishing systems.
- Knowledge of After Effects a bonus.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Flexible work schedule; primarily day shifts, with some additional evening and weekend availability required.
- Must have a personal vehicle available for use. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
- Must have a valid, current driver's license.
- Must have a clean driving record with no DWIs or excessive amount of traffic violations or accidents.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate to high noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.