This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive, 360-degree view of SCPR's audience. Passionate about data analysis, data integrity and its application to a wider engagement and conversion strategy, this role defines and develops studies and analyses which increase SCPR's knowledge of our audience and their behaviors. The role works closely with team members in content, product, technology and membership to develop and launch innovative tactics to deepen audience engagement, retention, and donor conversion.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong technical background in data architecture, business intelligence tools, CRM analytics and web analytics. This position will liaise with other senior management and key stakeholders in the content and membership teams.
- Collaborate with staff members across SCPR content, product, membership, and development to implement audience intelligence initiatives and programs designed to deepen engagement, broaden reach, increase revenue, and drive donor acquisition. Focus on new initiatives across digital, email, social media and mobile.
- Work closely with the Sr. Product Manager, the membership team, as well as stations partners in the CPB-funded Audience Intelligence project in order to identify areas of current knowledge and data that exist independently within and outside the organization and work to integrate these into a fully rounded predictive modeling and identity management system.
- Use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics combined with Salesforce-based CRM to gather and report on data needed to develop a 360 degree view of SCPR's audience.
- Analyze channel specific data (ex. Apple News) and pose detailed, channel specific strategies for increasing engagement and membership conversion.
- Provide direction for deepening analytics strategies across SCPR including the identification of partners to improve analytics capabilities or initiatives such as the ingestion of third party data to deepen behavioral, demographic, and psychographic insights.
- Provide insight into engagement tactics and flows that are and are not meeting goals and report back to digital, content, and membership teams for effective lead generation, segmentation, and building effective customers journeys and profiles.
- Use data sources to seek out and highlight areas where we can improve upon our efforts.
- Own the overall SCPR email strategy, and implement new tactics in close partnership and consultation with content and membership leaders.
- Oversee our 3rd party platform distribution strategy and integrate metrics from these platforms into a comprehensive view of our audience.
- Manage a backlog of interesting business intelligence questions that would benefit SCPR.
- Lead, schedule, and troubleshoot technical implementations, from data definitions to models to end user reporting.
- Manage audience intelligence tool implementation requirements and interactions with business consultants for SCPR. This includes audits and evaluations of production, development, and sandbox deployments.
- Maintain data integrity and transparency to increase data confidence across all business units that rely upon data.
- Oversee SCPR reporting, analytics, data exploration and preparation in collaboration with colleagues at SCPR and MPR/APM.
- Establish SCPR management dashboards to provide actionable and timely business insights.
- Establish a SCPR data warehousing strategy and implementation plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in audience insights and business intelligence, to include data analytics experience and a background demonstrating familiarity with predictive modeling in a digital media or a successful non-profit environment.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Comprehensive experience providing analytics and direction within a digital, broadcast or cable media environment.
- Solid hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts and tools required, including SalesForce.com (certification desired) and Google Analytics.
- SalesForce-based CRM and/or marketing automation applications such as Eloqua, Marketing Cloud or Exact Target.
- Experience with building and growing a new Audience Intelligence/Business Intelligence reporting system.
- Exceptional communicator comfortable with visualization tools.
- Experience working with A/B testing analytics tools.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner for the specific audience.
- Experience with databases and procedures such as: SQL, Oracle, replication and optimization.
- Willingness to dig into technical concepts/details related to data collection required.
- Experience working in cross-department AI/BI projects and teams.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to translate analysis results into actionable items and make tactical recommendations accordingly. In other words, be both an analyst and strategist.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with an unflappable attitude.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Media space is a plus.
- Experience within public media is not required.
Reporting to This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Ability to work on weekends and evenings when required.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.